Tuesday, June 26, 2018

SYSTEM: Any Supers

This is not market research. But I'm curious.

What makes a supers world or setting intriguing for you to play in? What makes it attractive? What sparks your imagination?

Is it some one-sentence summary of a cool situation? Is it familiarity? Is it the villains? Is it the place?

What makes it interesting? What makes you want to play there?

For me:

  • The villains have to pop. They have to be interesting. 
  • There has to be a possibility of juicy role-playing stuff; if the setting has only villains, I'm less attracted to it.
  • I want some of it to be in shades of gray, but some of it is clearly straight-forward. I want to be able to add nuance if I feel like it.
  • And I want to be able to play an expy.
You?

No comments:

Post a Comment