Monday, June 25, 2018

Champions Now Kickstarter

SYSTEM: CHAMPIONS

If you're interested, there are only three days left to get in on this Kickstarter: Champions Now, by Ron Edwards (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/herogames/champions-now?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=champions%20now)

I think Ron has interesting ideas, but I don't think I'll be supporting it. First, money is still tight. Second, it feels like it's just a tightened-up version of third edition Champions. I don't see enough of a difference to back it: I left Champions behind, and this isn't enough to bring me back. (I suspect that will be the case for a lot of people: those who loved Champions as it was still have the books and can play it as it was, and those who have moved on won't see it as different enough from Champions as it is.)

However, you might decide to back this. So with three days left, I encourage you to go look at the Kickstarter and make your own choice.

I have many, many fond memories of Champions...so even though it doesn't quite tickle my fancy, I encourage you guys to look at it.

And who knows? I might be wrong, and maybe I'll be wishing that I had backed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment