Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Warning: Shoals of Boredom

Icons

Warning

I'm bored, and that usually means I'm going to start up some new project that will be abandoned.

Still, you should be warned, so this is your warning.

I don't get to play or run a superhero campaign right now, except for the solo play things I'm doing, and I have a yearning to do just that.

And I've got a powerful sense of nostalgia for the days when all we had to do was give the players a problem and watch them flail around trying to solve it.

So I'm going create a campaign here. I think that a couple of things are going to be true in this campaign (though I'm not certain):

  • More villains than heroes. The heroes are going to have someone to fight rather than internecine combat.
  • Multiple origins. You can do some powerful things with single origins, like all-mutants, but I don't particularly want to go down that path.
  • I'm willing to steal from everywhere.
  • Secret identities are important, though I don't know why yet.
  • I'm going to try to (a) keep the legacy stuff of the past and (b) drag some of superhero schtick into the 21st century.
  • I will be happy to provide some kind of explanation for things, but I'm not of a mind to provide an explanation for everything. Some things will be genre conventions; we just live with them.

Will this work? Will I keep at it? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment