Monday, February 15, 2021

Freethinking (2)

Mutants & Masterminds

Having thought about this for a day, I think that what I'm going to do is two arcs of four adventures. Each adventure is self-contained but (if I do it right) they build to two climactic encounters, one at four and one at eight.

To keep myself reasonably focused, the first four sessions will have the theme "Werewolf," which in this context is the two-faced thing: creatures that are not what they appear to be. I'm not talking about literal werewolves, but I want to be able to do stuff that riffs on Invasion of the Body Snatchers or on Jekyll-Hyde, or just the fact that superheroes and supervillains are often closeted and so are non-cis, non-binary folks. Then I can also deal with the idea of having characters with powers who don't want to be heroes.

The second will be focused on vampires, which again is thematic. I like the idea that in medieval mythology they were things without souls, that we can have villains who drain people of abilities, that it's a transformation for people you love, that one drainer-of-things can create more drainers-of-things.

No comments:

Post a Comment