Saturday, June 29, 2019

Thinking out loud

Icons

My wife will be out of town for four or five days in July, and I think I want to run something ICONS online while she's away.

Possibilities that occur to me are:

  • A Fainting Goat module
  • An adventure involving the Justice League or some other DC group. (This line of thought inspired by the Doom Patrol TV series but I'm not sure I could muster the level of weirdness necessary for the Doom Patrol, especially since my GMing style tries to be "here's a situation, go run with it.")
  • A five-session series that's essentially the community college course for superhero wannabes.

Let's discard the last one for now; I have four of the five sessions named and plotted out but the work so far is in Mutants & Masterminds.

Fainting Goat has produced many adventures, but there are five or six that are candidates for this. I've been thinking of "Vampires of Red Square," "The Other Side" (an adventure with Cthulhu-esque monsters), "The Sugar Hill Invasions" because I want to see Saturday morning cartoons as the enemies, or "Return to the Crimson Frontier." The last one I'm most mixed about, just because I am not sure how well the adventure works with your bog-standard superheroes.

For the Justice League one, I was going to do something with satellite-era JLA. A piece of Starro fell in the ocean, various Atlanteans got possessed until one of them was Aquaman; he took over the satellite. Players play unaffected members of the JLA who have to get into the satellite, take it back, and turn on Amazo's head to counter Starro's influence. (Or something. The choice isn't formed in my head yet. For all I know at this point, the whole thing is engineered by Despero's ghost and Felix Faust.)

No comments:

Post a Comment