Monday, October 8, 2018

Thanksgiving

In Canada, today is Thanksgiving day, and it seems like an ideal time to say thank you.

Thank you to my friends, those I've played with and those I haven't met yet.

Thank you to the creators who have inspired me with their works.

Thank you to the various people who have taken a chance on me in both personal and professional capacities. Even though I haven't lived up to your expectations, you did not owe me the chance, and I'm grateful for it.

And, just to round it out, can I say that I'm sorry to the people I have wronged? I'm not the most self-aware person*, so if you're thinking, "If he were really sorry, he'd know what he has done wrong" ...except I have a list of things I have done that is somewhat longer than your kitchen table and a memory somewhat leakier than a screen door. I know that I have wronged people (I can think of two dates where I behaved abominably, for instance, and there are a lot of missed deadlines in there...). f you were to present me with your grievance, there's a very good chance that I'd acknowledge it and admit that I behaved badly...there's even a chance that I try not to live my life that way now...though I'm not a saint, and sometimes the barrier between self-knowledge and self-correction seems insurmountable.

TL;DR: If you're reading this, thank you.

This concludes your mushiness for another few months.

 

*I was going to have a footnote but I changed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment