Wednesday, September 5, 2018

ICONS: The PBEM

SYSTEM: ICONS

So I'm trying ICONS as a PBEM. I would rather some other mechanism: I wish I could be around for a face-to-face group; I wish I could reliable schedule a Roll20 group; I wish that a play-by-post forum group didn't eat more resources than squirting email. But because the time I have is during my commute and the train doesn't have Internet access so I have to rely on my data usage for my phone, the choice is between email and nothing.

The big stuff with email in the past for me has been response time, so right now it's three players, three individual stories, though I do intend for them to cross over. To make life easier, I do all the dice rolling. I'm as fair as a martphone app allows., and at regular intervals I intend to post summaries of the game so far to a Facebook game I've set up for the purpose.

If people are amenable, those summaries might also show up here, but I haven't asked yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment