Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Personal stuff: the C word

Personal stuff

I got some interesting news from the oncologist on my last visit. Until recently, the time-span for follow=ups on my particular cancer were two years: if it didn't show up again in two years, you were declared cured and off you go. (Survival rate for five years was still about twenty-five per cent, which mans that there was probably a tremendous death toll in the first two years).

However, it is now five years. On the one hand, this is bad, because I still have to keep going to the oncologist and having MRIs every six months.

On the other hand, this is good, because it probably means that the lethality rate has gone down enough that I am worth a doctor's time for five years.

I choose to focus on the good interpretation. (I should probably get serious about exercising, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment