Friday, September 28, 2018

Okay, a shorter draft of the Dark vs Spark adventure

SYSTEM: ICONS

To try and restrict myself this draft was done in Google Slides. There is nothing elegant about it, but I got to throw out many many words. It's down to 42 pages, but they are mostly 42 airy pages with 11 point body text.

With luck, most things are confined to a double-page spread: title usually on the left, picture on the right. Usually there isn't a picture. Character writeups got short shrift.

And I really hate the title. The longer I look at it, the less it has to do with anything but the end reveal.

You can look at it here. 

If I ever return to it, it will be to put artwork in and sweat through how you convert something like this to Scribus. 

I'd also reconsider how I did the character writeups: rather than making them the top or bottom half of the page with room for a portrait, I'd do them as one of two columns. Then a portrait (if any) could go on the right or, if you were cramming for space, you could have at least two a page. However, the current setup is fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment